Monday, September 01, 2008

No more pussyfooting

Soundtrack: Lightbulbs by Fujiya and Miyagi

Well, that was a week.

JJ went to Ireland to pay his last respects and I spent time trying to bring our flat up to habitable standards.

I went to see Fucked Up once more, and had a very pleasant evening in Filthy McNastys with Jezza.

My family finally arrived with me on Wednesday evening after an eventful journey (they got lost in Feltham, a place I have never been to before, so finding them was a bit of a work of art. We got there eventually).

Making two children under ten and a 75-year-old woman happy simultaneously was a pretty big ask. We went to Legoland (two-hour-queue-for-rides hell), shopping in Kingston (Build-a-Bear-Workshop hell), the London Eye (lots of waiting around), the Natural History Museum (pretty good, but too tired to properly enjoy). The one thing I managed to get right for everyone was a boat trip from Kingston to Hampton Court, which I didn't even go on. Perhaps it succeeded for precisely that reason.

The kids were great. I was a bit worried because they can be very naughty at home, where they're constantly competing against each other, as well as their baby brother, for their mum's attention. I shouldn't have worried: they worship JJ and whatever he says to them they take as law. He had them behaving like a pair of model children.

So it all turned out alright.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home