Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And to those of you who think that life is just a game, do you like the part you’re playing?

Hmmm, it’s all beginning to ramp up. This week: two business meetings. Next week: three business meetings, on consecutive days (what idiot suggested those dates? Oh). Yet still I am seemingly unable to rouse myself from my state of semi-hibernation.

In an attempt to stop myself feeling like I’m dead from the neck up, I went out on Saturday night with my friends The Boy, The Bell (accompanied by pal Miss K) and Miss P. Duckie is such a superb night out. All night I had just a five minute break from dancing to go to the loo, and that was that. It’s just the best selection of music, as far as I’m concerned. It’s about 90% not camp, 10% camp, mostly classic pop, not much obscurity, which is perfect. Highlights:

Na Na Hey Hey kiss him goodbye by Bananarama (the Readers' Wifes favourite song ever)
Both Planet Claire and Song for a Future Generation by the B52s
Hounds of Love by Kate Bush (bien sur! Though I prefer Sat in your lap)
Angel Eyes and Virginia Plain by Roxy.
Devil Gate Drive by Suzi Quatro. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, fantastic.

There was more, but lists don't exactly make for thrilling reading, do they now. Anyway, I had such a marvellous time...I really need to do more of that sort of thing.

Yesterday in EAT on Regent Street, where I went for lunch with my colleague Miss King, they played Sweet Adeline by Elliott Smith. That’s a supremely melancholy choice when you’re eating Thai Butternut Squash Soup, and another reason to like said chain of eateries. Sample lyric: ‘Waiting for sedation to disconnect my head, or any situation where I’m better off than dead’. Chirpy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home