Sunday, October 05, 2008

And the song's called, internet curtains!

[Thanks to toocool for the Denim CD]

What a week.

I had two business meetings, one of which was a nadir. The less said, the better.

I then had to catch up with the work that didn't happen while I was out of the office...boooooo.

On Tuesday night I saw the Duke Spirit once more. They were pretty good, but I need to have a drink or two to take the edge off a band. I was more critical than I would normally be. I must say that I still prefer their last album to the new one. On the plus side, Merv and I had a good old laugh when, irony of ironies, a girl near us started complaining bitterly in a loud voice about how loud the guys near us were being. [Put it this way, I couldn't hear the original noise-making guys over her racket.]

The Dukes were supported by Howling Bells, who were pretty poor. They featured a female singer who appeared to be wearing a guitar as a prop, in these post-riot grrrl times you'd hope not to have to see that.

This weekend has been taken up with trawling youtube for fun stuff and cooking. I also had a glorious night's sleep on Friday, which I have to say made me feel very much better than I have done for ages...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:01 pm, Blogger Paperback Tourist said...

Davy B reckons this song might be the basis for the Denim oeuvre. I think he has a point

 
At 5:55 pm, Blogger deafdisco said...

my PC hated this link, and promptly crashed...

 
At 6:30 pm, Blogger Paperback Tourist said...

Oops! It's called 'Come In Bonzo' by Big Cherry from 1973. No doubt you've got their entire output

 

Post a Comment

<< Home