Friday, October 24, 2008

I wanna take you to a nail bar, nail bar, nail bar!

Three posts in a week, unusual eh. It's going to be go quiet for a while here, so I figured I might as well post, even if I have little of import to say. No doubt I'll go through my usual technology cold turkey next week, initially at least, before eventually becoming calm and rediscovering the joys of reading regional newspapers.

On Wednesday I had a pleasant evening out with DL, M and A. We had a couple of drinks and some tapas in Camden, home of the fabled leisure pirate. Early in the evening I experienced the worst pub toilets this side of Bradleys Spanish Bar. Those of you who know Bradleys will know what I mean by that. You know the kind of place, where you start fearing for your health after washing your hands. Not good.

In my attempt to re-brand this blog as a forum for ideas, or as a sort of post-ironic Apprentice, I thought I would post three recent business brainwaves that I've had.

1) Mrs Hall and recently I arrived at a solution to the average Soho ponce having nowhere to go to treat himself in times of economic downturn: a Nale Bar. That's N-Ale. This is somewhere to go to get a manicure and drink miniature glasses of bitter. It'll keep them off the streets.

2) All nightwear for women falls into three categories: a) the dowdy, b) the shiny and c) the cutesy. I'm 35 years old, FFS, I don't want to wear something to bed that has a Disney character on the front. Neither do I want to look like a bored housewife who has fallen out of a mid-70s "Confessions of..." film. Nor do I wish to look like I last went to bed in 1903. A recent straw poll with colleagues and friends has made me realise that I am not the only woman who is maddened by this situation. If I could design, produce and market a decent range of nightclothes, I think I could clean up.

3) Ditto the above, re. wedding cards. The choices are alternatively sickening, mawkish, shitey and boring. Nothing says 'I wish you an unhappy marriage and an acrimonious divorce' better than most of these efforts. It's possible that this poor choice of occasion-marking stationery is actually causing people to break up. There's definitely room for something practical and cool, I'd say.

Right, that's it for now, how a beeeyootiful week.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home