Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Can't stop the wave of sorrow

Some genuinely sad stuff is happening at the moment to some friends, and I wanted to extend my best wishes to them. Last night I heard some terrible news about one particular pal, which left me reeling. Hope you are back on your feet soon, buddy.

...and I note that at least two friends state in their Facebook status today that they are feeling sad.

Last night, I watched the first two parts of a 2002 Breeders documentary, and that made me feel briefly melancholy. I know Kim has been through rehab and is better now, but she seems on the edge of madness in the twenty or so minutes I've watched of this film so far. Earlier this evening I was listening to the Breeders' most recent effort and Night of Joy came on - very Spector-y it is too. Her voice, I could listen to it for hours...that's why I spent years trying to be her. I never even came close! But to be fair, who could?

Some interesting reactions to the Silverman gig in the press and elsewhere. Whatever, I am pleased not to have gone, because I think I would have been mortified.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home