Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Three New York coincidences

Three things occurred to me after I published the last post.

1. The title of the last post should have been explained, but I forgot. This is the opening line of the the song 'The things that dreams are made of', the first track on one of the best albums ever recorded. Full lyrics here, including gratuitous New York reference. I discovered on the plane that Dare is listed under the 'classic albums' audio collection on one of the channels (it lives alongside some bizarre choices, but happily with some Iggy, Bowie and Waits), so I spent the last hour of the flight in synth heaven.

2. I found myself eating the aforementioned cheesecake while 'Holiday' by Madonna was playing on the radio. Now that's a New York record. And, of course, we were on our holidays. Synchronicity!

3. Most spookily of all, our friends the band Todd were in New York playing a show when we were. The Cs were confused to see us on the wrong continent. It was a great evening and they tore the place up, as usual. God (or someone) gave rock 'n' roll to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home