Monday, April 16, 2007

Some people work very very hard, but still they never get it right

Soundtrack: Wire, The Shangri-Las, The Velvet Underground

We spent the weekend in Devon with my family.

My mother isn't well. I already knew that, but I saw it with my own eyes and was shocked. She has slowed down considerably since I last saw her at Christmas. The medication she's on for high blood pressure doesn't appear to be doing the trick yet, in fact, the side-effects sound worse than her original symptoms. Despite this, she was relatively chipper (apart from a couple of maudlin comments).

There isn't really much else in the way of news. I have just over two months to go at work. I have no real inclination to do a decent job now. The dial is currently pointing to 'bog standard', with no sign of moving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home