Thursday, May 12, 2011

I see your picture, it's the same old frame...we meet again

This evening, I'm going to type a few words about my mother.

It's a year ago today since she died, and tomorrow is the official anniversary. It's not been a great week. But you know - I don't want to feel sad all the time. I'd like to remember my mum at her sarcastic, witty best, and not be weeping and wailing. That does nobody any good, after all. Letting misery define you is not the best idea (I wish I could go back in time and tell the 17 year old me this) .

Anyway, I'm sure she would be pleased to hear that the baby is doing well (my 20 week scan was this afternoon), and that I don't intend to lie face down on the carpet all day tomorrow, weeping. The first anniversary was always going to be the toughest. But life continues on, as well it should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home