Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Shine a light

I've been using a light box over the past week or so. It was a chance purchase (of sorts). By that, I mean I bought it on a whim, following a chance comment that JJ made about a month before Christmas about seasonal depression.

Twenty minutes each morning, I switch the light on and angle the light at my face. It's no bigger than a paperback, but jesus, is it bright. I think it's working, so far. It used to take me until about 10.30 to wake up most days (that's a full two hours after arriving at work, not good), but now I feel...well, it's hard to explain, really. Somewhere between awakeness, alertness and...er, something else.

That went nowhere, didn't it? Perhaps I'll post about the light again in a few weeks. If you're interested in lightbox-based anecdotes as well as other inanities, subscribe to my tweets. You won't regret it. [PS, you might regret it.]

Anyway. There are lots of plans afoot at the moment. Oh, the drinks evenings that are cluttering my diary, darlings! It's the most I've been out of the house in months on end. We are booked up to see The Horne Section at the end of this month. I'm considering going to see Janelle Monae once more.

Of course, what I really want is a holiday. Having just watched Rich Hall's extremely funny and clever programme about the Dirty South, I am hankering for Memphis, while simultaneously eyeing our friend's photos of her home in Costa Rica with a gimlet eye. So, that's Elvis or coffee. Both are wonderful and essential things, in my opinion.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:16 pm, Blogger toetag said...

Hey, what is a light box?

-uneducated

 
At 2:49 pm, Blogger deafdisco said...

not uneducated at all...

it's simply a very bright light, like this

http://www.lumie.com/shop/?gclid=CPzN94Cp-6YCFcomfAodzCU3Eg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home