Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm saved, I'm saved

2010, well. It's not been the best of years. I could attempt a round-up of the past few months, but it wouldn't be much fun to read (or to write, come to that). Read the entries back and have a little wallow all of your own.

In short...

Albums (enjoyed): MGMT, Deerhunter, Janelle Monae, Doves.
Albums (disappointed by): LCD Soundsystem (save Drunk Girls). Hot Chip.
Song of the Year: Tightrope by Janelle Monae.
Runners-up: Flash Delirium by MGMT (channelling Cups and Cakes-era Spinal Tap). Revival by Deerhunter.
Books (enjoyed): mainly the work of David Sedaris (the old cliche: I laughed, I cried). Wolf Hall.
TV (enjoyed): anything with Charlie Brooker. Mad Men. Corrie (especially tram crash week). Peep Show. We Need Answers. This is England 86. Getting On. And many more.
Inexplicable teenage crush: Tim Key.

I have relatively high hopes for next year. It surely can't be as bad as this one? Festive greetings to you, dear readers. Kiss kiss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home