Sunday, May 11, 2008

Are these the years of laughter and forgetting?

This past day I have found myself humming songs from David Sylvian's back catalogue. I was a bit of a Sylvian fan in the early 90s. There was a time when his gentle, melancholy songs soundtracked my days. I don't remember the names of the songs anymore but I do recall snatches of lyrics (like this post's title).

I'm suffering from hay fever again. To get to sleep every night I'm taking a strong drug. This means it takes me a lot longer to wake up in the mornings and I fall into a deep sleep where I'm troubled by some quite odd dreams. I suppose you could say that I'm not really feeling myself just at the moment. I hope this will pass.

Work is still OK. There's a distinct lack of work to do at present, but this won't last, and I'm looking forward to having more to do.

Last night we watched Die Hard 4.0, which despite a relatively interesting storyline about hacking into the US government's IT systems, I found depresssingly violent and not even funny (despite a cameo by Kevin Smith). Last week I watched Black Book, which was infinitely better.

Summer's here, here's hope it's staying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home