Monday, February 04, 2008

This ship was built to last

Soundtrack: Neptune by The Duke Spirit; Made in the Dark by Hot Chip

There is a spring in my step, I am sleeping properly, I am holding it together. All of these things are only possible because I am not at work this week.

I spent a pleasant weekend. Saturday was Ms Duckworth's hen do. I shambled into the Soho Hotel looking like a hobo and pretty soon afterwards had an hour's worth of expensive reflexology, which although painful was one of the most relaxing things I had ever experienced. We had a posh meal at Yauatcha and then onto the 101 Bar. By that point I was done in and went home. It was a good day though.

On Sunday I spent some more time with my favourite Italian plumber, then went to Kingston to see Juno with Afraid of Ducks. The film was great, and very very funny too. My favourite bit of dialogue (forgive me, this won't be verbatim):

Juno: And you're so cool, you don't even have to try.
Bleecker: I try, really, really hard actually.

That reminds me of a post I wrote on here ages ago actually.

From there, we had a couple of pints in The Cocoanut. Now that's what I call a Sunday.

Today, J returned from Barcelona and it is great to see him after what feels like weeks of him being away (it was just four days). Tomorrow, I go to Devon.

Here's to a week of happiness.

1 Comments:

At 8:30 pm, Blogger The Circus Beyond said...

Aha. Look. I'm back on't blog. Or, at least, I'm vaguely promising to be!

x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home