Thursday, May 17, 2007

Tomorrow is already here

Soundtrack: Ys by Joanna Newsom

I'm currently wishing my time away. Every second I'm sat at work seems to take a year. Every minute outside work zips past like a split second. The weeks of this year appear to have vanished like mist.

I have just over six weeks to go in my job and I am simultaneously extremely busy and bored out of my mind, which is the very worst kind of combination for me. I'm clicking my ruby slippers together - there's no place like July - but part of me doesn't want to be in July at all, out of my comfort zone and jobless. Very odd.

Last night I participated in a quiz for work and my team came second. I was surprised how well we did. Best answers given by me: the only capital city that begins with a Z; beef; "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads".

I've been watching the slow creep of Anthony Gormley's Event Horizon on the buildings near Waterloo bridge on my half-awake mornings with interest. I'm also really looking forward to the Royal Festival Hall re-opening. We have tickets to see the Rites of Spring in 3D. Which will hopefully be both odd and interesting...

Anyway.

This time isn't going to waste itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home