Friday, June 01, 2007

I don't believe you wanna get up and dance...

Recently, I have found myself having to explain the phenomenon of the Oops Upside your Head (aka the Rowing Boat Song ) - see video of people 'performing' this here - to a number of young people.

I find this utterly bizarre, because to me, this is much a part of the fabric of my life as having arms. Ever since I was small I can remember doing this dance (of sorts) at discos, wedding receptions etc., in fact, it was always the highlight of the evening for me. I've seen as many as 60 people in one long line, slapping the floor and rocking from side-to-side. However, it seems to me that people who were born after 1981 (or born in another country) don't seem to have much of a concept of it. Incredible.

More soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home