Friday, December 12, 2008

Hey hey, glad girls!

If you're browsing here, you're in Dublin, and you're reading this on 12th December 2008, I just noticed this post on Graham Linehan's blog. I would imagine that this would be a fantastic way to spend tomorrow afternoon.

Guided by Voices were introduced to me by somebody I have lost touch with. They are the one thing that I would thank him for, if I could bring myself to speak to him.

Back in the 90s I had a pal who insisted that GBV were a joke played on the music industry by the journalists at Melody Maker (my mate was the lodger of a journo whose name rhymes with Speverett View for a time). That's obviously hogwash. They have the capacity to make me smile every time I hear them. In many ways, they are the perfect band.

Check them out here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home