Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I can see you, your brown skin shining in the sun...

My internal jukebox was on random shuffle mode this morning when I was coming into work. Variously, I had Police Truck by the Dead Kennedys and Rape Me by Nirvana playing, as well as snippets of The Boys of Summer by Don Henley. Quite the unholy trinity, but there you have it...

There's something 'bout the Eagles I like (as the song almost goes). I think Hotel California is an amazing song. I'm sure I'm not alone in liking them, but no doubt I'm going to be subject to some derision from people for saying it. It's on par with saying you're a fan of the work of Harold Shipman. Singing drummers though, eh? Great idea.

Some more news. I am off to Steve A's mum's funeral on Friday, in order to give my support to him and his girlf (and my long-standing pal) Barbakella. Feeling sad for them at the moment., also sad for Steve's brother Rich A, whose band are on the cusp of real proper chart success. I bet that's feeling bittersweet at the moment.

Off to see The Duke Spirit tomorrow night with Merv and Ms Robinson. Looking forward to that. Off to see Miss JoJo's play on Thursday, Nephew number 2 coming to stay on Friday for the weekend (off to see the band whom I can't bring myself to mention), so it's shaping up to be a busy time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home