Monday, June 27, 2005

No aloha

Soundtrack: 'Last Splash' by The Breeders

God love Kim Deal. In my teens, I spent the best part of a year of my life trying to ape her. Is there a finer woman in the world to want to be? [Rhetorical question.]

Had a pleasant weekend hanging about with JJ. Friday's thunderstorms left us in the happy position of not having to water the allotment, this left us rather more free than usual to do fun stuff. We had a fine old time, just the two of us.

Went to Camden market yesterday and bought a pink vintage dress...a frivolous purchase, but one I hope I'm going to get some mileage out of. Everyone needs a pink dress in their repertoire. I got to use some more Yiddish when trying on stuff - notably the word 'zaftig'. Which is what I am. It amazes me that there are vintage clothes out there to fit me...being 'cuddly' ( a polite way of putting it) is usually a bit of a curse when it comes to second-hand stuff.

So what's going on this week? It's looking a bit quiet, which is probably just as well. Hoping to meet with Jezza to catch up. Emails today from both Ms Robinson and Sumi, my old housemates from the infamous 62 Cally Road. Now there was a place that was once seen, never forgotten. I'll post a photo of it here sometime. Happy times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home