Thursday, June 16, 2005

Is this thing on?

On a whim, I have decided that I want to do what all the cool kids are doing and get myself one of them blog things. Typically, I haven't thought it through properly...I should have been more clever with the name of the blog and my sign-in name, yada yada. But then again, that's the story of my life: seeming a bit more clever than I actually am (and then being a bit thicker, thereby proving a disappointment).

I'll briefly explain - a favourite song of mine is 'I Want More' by Can. If you haven't heard it, beg/steal/borrow a copy. It'll make you leap with joy (it makes me leap with joy without fail). The deafdisco thing is partly a mis-spelt reference to the Public Image Limited song, but also tips a nod to my failing hearing. Years of gig-going, along with a genetic problem inherited from my Mum, are making me deaf.

Of course, if neither of these appear on the blog (owing to me being a blog newbie), I'm going to look like a right flapjack.

Next post: a discussion about the blockbuster/arthouse casting of the movie of my working life. Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home