Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I think I lost my headache

I have contracted some kind of summer cold. Am feeling very odd and hot. That's hot in a warm way, not in a sexy way (I'm never hot in a sexy way). Was concerned that the illness was stress-related - it has been busy at work of late. However, Miss JoJo appears to have it too, so it can't be the pressure that's causing it this time.

Anyway, back to other stuff. I was listening to the mighty Queens of the Stone Age on the train in this morning and daydreaming about being a part-time member of said band. I've often imagined myself in a band of some kind: the first group I ever wanted to be in was The Monkees. I think it had something to do with the burgundy suits they used to wear (in the 90s, I wondered for a while if the uniforms were what really fascinated me about the Make Up...but that's a side point).

Other bands I have imagined myself in (by no means an extensive list): Dexy's Midnight Runners, Huggy Bear, Roxy Music, Duran Duran.

The fact that I have no musical talent hasn't stopped me from imagining myself as some kind of guitar god, standing on Josh Homme's right-hand side, cranking out riffs and doing ace back-up vocals.

Maybe this cold has made me delirious. I'd better check back in when I'm feeling better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home